Sunday, August 3, 2014

A TINY Card, CUFF Bracelets, and a hairCUT



DSC_2812

I made a tiny tiny tiny card. Did you know lots of cool people make little cards? Debby Hughes, Pamela Ho to name a few. I was able to get 3 cards from a 8.5x11 sheet of paper! How's that for resourcefulness?!

The stamps and dies are from Penny Black. I love this set, called Petal Power. I stamped the background and then die cut a circle window. I used pop ups to adhere the stamped portion to the card base. then used pop ups to put the rose and leaves in the circle window. And I can't resist just a little patterned paper...it makes the card look more finished.

DSC_2814

I am going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. I met Kelly Latevola this weekend and she won one of those challenges so I felt inspired to give it a go! She is pretty cool. I have also met Katie Gehring so Ohio is shaping up quite nicely!

Oh on another note, I decided I need a cuff bracelet. Do you guys have one? I think they are pretty edgy and I am tired of looking at my pinterest board and dreaming!



Lastly, I am waiting for my aunt Nafisa to come over so she can give me this haircut! She is a fabulous hairdresser and I am excited to change it up some more. I just keep cutting away! I think that means that is the end of my ponytail days, but that's ok. Getting up early in the morning means less time for hair and more time to learn!






14 comments:

  1. Ha! I thought you went blonde too!
    LOVE the bg on your tiny card. Nice and airy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card!! I love that cuff bracelet but do not have any. Actually, I do have one. It is one of my mother's old ones but it isn't as wide as that. As for shorter hair, I am warning you that it is sometimes more work then long hair. I want mine cut shorter too but don't have time to style it every morning before I go to work without having to get up at the crack of dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from another Ohio girl!! Love your card, Wida, the mix of yellows and pinks and red is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is such a cute little card! And so much going on... perfect embellishments with the leaves and the flower, the perfect sentiment in white against all those colours and that perfectly stamped background <33333 And you will look amazing in that haircut. I wish I can pull off a short haircut like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is gorgeous. I love the stamping on the background, and I like the cuff too! I'm not a bracelet person. I've tried, I find them bothersome, but I like how they look on my fashionable friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I'm a tiny card kinda girl LOL! And this is one awesome example of petite perfection :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card, the cuff, the haircut & you♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little pleasures! Perfect little card - who doesn't love roses?! I at that stage where I'm giving away all my nice jewelry - giving the girls their birthstones while they're young and can enjoy them. Next year shorter hair for me too! You'll look beautiful in that cut. Hope you post pix!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tiny card is so happy and festive, Wida! I like the cuff, but LOVE the jacket, that's what I want!! You are going to look smashing with that haircut!! I think it's made for you and I want to see pictures, please! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your little card! So pretty! And cuff bracelets, yes please! However, I do not have one (as of yet). Just a bunch of bangles. ;) And that haircut is awesome! I can see you ROCKIN' it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious little card, Wida! You *are* a cool person, too, ya know. :)

    Love that cuff! Keep the posts comin'. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wida - a trio of delights here, starting with those divine mini cards, which I love, love and love! That rose, those leaves, the background paper...works of art!! The cuff bracelet is gorgeous, but alas, with my scrawny, long arms, skinny wrists and huge hands (not kidding!! I have monkey arms!), I would so not do that bracelet justice whatsoever. Sighhh...perhaps I need to pump me some iron *grin* And that hair style: OMG! Not only is it fabulous, but on you...WOW, WOW and WOW! You're already a knockout, so that cut will simply add to how stunning you are. Please, please, please...share photos!! We all want to see the results! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'm not a jewelry person, but I love that mini card and haircut! Can't wait to see you with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...