Sunday, February 23, 2014

Casing Amusing Michelle, as Promised!

A long time ago, I had asked a question, which right at this minute slips my mind. It will come to me, I am just going to continue typing till it does. Sometimes thoughts are like grenades...it takes a minute, you know?

Well in any event, I promised myself that I would CASE my blog pal Michelle this month and well today is the day! I chose her most recent post. Just my luck, it's a feather. I never got on the feather bandwagon. I am not sure why, I just didn't. It's hard for my budget and my energy to keep up with all the trends. So I reached for what I had, flowers. And one of my favorite flowers are Popies (for stamps anyway). I would say my favorite flowers are (in no particular order):

1. Hydrangeas
2. Peonies
3. Roses
4. Orchids
5. Lilacs

But I digress...


Basically when I saw Michelle's card, I thought: single image stamp and single sentiment. I used Penny Black Poppy Pattern  and cut apart the flowers to create the clustering. The sentiment is called Kind Words.

PB Thank You So Very Much


Red and Black were my high school colors...it's still a powerful and nostalgic combination for me some 20 years later :)

Well I hope Michelle likes it! She is super talented, supportive, and fabulous and I hope you will go check out her stuff!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! In fact, I like it way more than I like my own card, and I like my card a LOT! Thanks, Wida! Such a beautiful card. Black, red, and white is one of my favourite colour combos. I also love yellow, black, and white together. :-) My favourite flowers are 1) Narcissus (daffodils and jonquils), 2) Iris, 3) Rose (but only scented roses, those modern roses with no smell are BORING), 4) Poppies (I like Iceland Poppies as well as Flanders Poppies and I have grown Californian Poppies before, too), and 5) Any white flowers - the smell of citrus (lemon, orange, lime, etc) flowers is divine, lilies, frangipani (plumeria). Oh, I could go on all day long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CASE of the feather card. And I love the red, black and white combo, too. I love that you cut out the flowers and clustered them .... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very fun colors and designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So graphic and dimensional! It's such a bold, organic card, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous take on Michelle's card, Wida! Your flowers are bold, fresh, vibrant and stunning! I knew Michelle would adore it, as do I! Your list of favourite flowers: delightful! My favourites - which I see rarely - are asters, which my grandmother used to grow in her garden. Thanks for triggering a warm trip down memory lane...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking black sentiment to go with the black poppy centers. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powerful! Love that font/sentiment; perfect with softness of flowers. These were my HS colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha, ha, that is very funny! Red and black were my school colours but I hated them and will never wear them together again (although I don't mind them on a card!!!!) Like Kelly says, striking black sentiment, perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...