Monday, April 16, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #48

I tried a new technique in this card, but it's hard to tell. The technique is called watercolor with stamps. It uses a stamp, stamp ink and a water mister to give the look of a watercolored image. I think it would show up better if it was a solid stamp, so I will try it again in a future post.

You know those really pretty monogrammed cards that have a toile look? Well I didn't make one of those! LOL! Actually I was trying to. It came out a pinch different, but no less successful!


stamps: Hero arts for the sentiment, and Stampin Up.



CFC48: Opposites attract- choose 2 opposite colors from the color wheel to design your Clean And Simple creation.  Opposite colors are determined by where the points meet.  Examples: green and red, or orange and aqua, or purple and yellow, etc.  


I chose red and green, but it's really hard not to make a card in those colors that doesn't feel Christmas-y. And please don't enlarge the photo because you can see the crookedly stamped sentiment. I don't know if crookedly is a word, but it sounds right.

Bye,
Wida


9 comments:

  1. That ribbon knot couldn't be more delicious! I love your simple but elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty impressed with the knot myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty floral background and I love your knotted ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wida - this is such a lovely card! And I thought to myself upon seeing just the thumbnail in the linky tool "Ooh - Wida did a red and green card without looking Christmasy at all!" Then I linked to your blog, and you mentioned that very thing. You crack me up with your "Well I didn't make one of those." Again - I love your candor! Great card! (And that is a pretty impressive knot, if I must say so!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I wasn't thinking Christmas at all. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun post and super looking card! The knotted ribbon is the perfect touch :) Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the big statement ribbon Wida...red and green makes a fab non-Christmassy card doesn't it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one fabulous design, Wida! Love the big bright red ribbons in this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...